Here you will find answers to our most frequently asked questions. If you can’t find what you’re looking for please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Hire procedure FAQ's
- How do I proceed?
- Choose the product you wish to hire by clicking 'customise and rent'. If you do not have a web account, you will be required to open one.
Once this has been done, you can choose the rental dates and proceed with your application. Payment must be made at the time of application, either by credit or debit card, paypal or by a credit account if you have one.
Once we receive your order, we will contact you to confirm your order details and send you your rental agreement.
- How do I open a credit account?
- If you wish to open a credit account, call us on 01376 333508 and we will send you an account form. Once completed, subject to credit checks, your account will be opened and all invoices must be paid within 30 days.
- Can you reserve a tester for me?
- As long as we have a unit in stock at the time of asking, we are happy to reserve a machine for you for a later date. If we do not have a unit in stock, we cannot guarantee that we will have one available for the date you require – as the customer with the unit will always have the option of extending their hire.
- What is the minimum period of hire?
- 7 Days from and including the day of receipt including weekends and bank holidays.
- Do you offer long term contracts?
- Yes we can offer a reduced cost for contracts negotiated in advance of 28 days and over.
- Can I collect from you?
- Yes, we are open Monday – Friday 8.30am to 5.30pm
- How or when do I pay?
- Payment must be made at the time of application, either by credit or debit card, paypal or by a credit account if you have one.
- What if I want to extend my hire period?
- Call us as soon as possible and we can let you know what the additional cost would be.
- If I return the equipment early can I get a refund or reduced rate?
- No sorry, the minimum period is 7 days whether you use them all or not.
- How do we get the equipment?
- We will organise for our courier, Fedex, to deliver your equipment to you. This is done on an AM delivery to ensure safe delivery.
- How do we return the equipment?
- We will arrange for Fedex to collect your equipment at the end of your hire period, and return it to us.
- Do you sell new Fluke Network testers?
- Yes we do, through our sister company Connectix Cabling Systems. Contact us on 01376 333508 and we will put you in touch.
- Can you send us a copy of the calibration certificate?
- Yes, we can send these on request.
- Can you download the test results for us and email them back?
- We would expect you to download/save your test results. If you are having difficulty downloading your results, we may be able to send these on BUT take no responsibility for them.
- Are test leads included?
- Test leads (Permanent Link Adaptors) are included with copper testers. Fibre test leads are NOT included with the Certifiber or OTDR’s due to their relatively short life. Customers can purchase official Fluke leads.